Time is an asset whether you are in the business field or not. Living in this fast-paced world always feels like running out of time. There is always a task we could not manage and be delayed. You will notice that a continuous pattern like this can decrease productivity in the long run.
Whether it is personal goals or business goals, you can’t compromise on productivity; not for long. However, you can actually start doing more in less time. All you need is a certain organization and prioritizing.
Here are 5 tips to help you manage time more effectively:
- Nothing is going to set right overnight. Therefore, you need to start with basic planning. For this purpose, make a list of all the roaming ideas around your head. You can’t control some of them while others you need to accomplish; you should accomplish. For the rest of the ideas, make a separate list.
- The next step is to identify habits that make you waste time. For example, we often spend time on our phones when we don’t even need to. The result is procrastination. The idea is to become responsible. Everyone has the same amount of hours in a day, and it depends on how you prevent wasting time.
- There are two types of time wasters, external and internal. External are those you can’t control, like phone calls and important emails. Internal time-wasters include social media, gaming, and unnecessary texting. If you can eliminate the internal ones, you will surely notice a difference.
- Apply some organization to your life. For example, remove those email subscriptions you don’t need and are just bothering you. Furthermore, you can create separate email folders. You can shift important emails in one and others you can work on later in another. Moreover, plan for each day. Complete the tasks that are harder at the start of the day. On the other hand, keep your plans flexible as well. This allows a margin for unexpected circumstances. This way, you will feel less stressed and focus on the tasks at hand.
- Commitment is the key. You really need to realize that certain tasks on your to-do list are non-negotiable. Never stay away from them; don’t delay them. Once you realize that you can’t compromise on such tasks, you will move towards your goals more effectively.
Many complain about how they can’t make things happen and running out of time. On the one hand, organizing and prioritizing is essential, but you can’t set unrealistic goals. Often, we are trying to push ourselves towards goals that can’t be actually achieved in a set time. A good way to set realistic goals for yourself is to start small and eventually move towards bigger ones. In this manner, you will feel less frustrated and more focused.
The concept of time management is not to punish oneself for all the wasted time. It is about being organized like you were not before.
FREE “Productivity Worksheet” to help you create and implement effective daily habits to support you in achieving your goals successfully. As entrepreneurs, we have so much to do all the time, and we don’t know where to get started, so we feel overwhelmed and stuck. This worksheet will prioritize effectively taking actionable steps and getting results.
Romina Tomas / Associate Certified Coach